Teaching is sacred to me-- and imparting what I know, love and practice has been very fulfilling. My vast experience includes being a Visiting Professor at Pratt Institute, an art and fine craft instructor at various locations, and a developer/teacher of creative arts workshops for educators, corporate venues, therapeutic facilities and public libraries. I've taught art and fine craft classes to children, young adults, adults, special needs and art educators at the Art League of Long Island since 2004. Each day I learn something new and exciting! As an art teacher, I am interested in cultivating the “seeing” and ‘discovery’ aspects of the creative process, instilling passion, providing concrete skills as well as a love for the intuitive, broadening my students' knowledge base to include different eras, styles and cultures and helping my students take things to the next level--all in a supportive environment. In this product-driven world, I encourage my students to value the process--the place where we are in the throes of creation and learning-- as well as the prized outcome. I hope to transfer my love of learning and creating to all my students.
2018 Adult Art Workshops:
1. Miniature Woven Wall Hanging- Pattern-based on handmade portable loom, Art League of Long Island, 2/10/18.
2. Pen and Ink Landscape Drawing, Elwood Public Library, 2/26/18.
3. Paint Like the Fauves, Middle Country Public Library, Selden, 5/30/18.
4. Paint Like the Fauves, Middle Country Public Library, Centereach, 6/6/18.
5. Mixed Media Coral Reef Painting, Babylon Public Library, 6/18/18